Spring has well and truly arrived with floral and floaty dresses making a welcome appearance on the streets of Brisbane. I’ve been out and about checking out street style, shopping Spring trends and attending the Spring Fashion Parade at L’adore & co. These are the top five trends I’ve noticed for Spring.
1. Colour – Colour is everywhere and the hottest colour this season is red. There is a red to suit most skin tones so stand out this season in this fiery colour. Pink and blush are still on trend and yellow and green are creeping in to brighten these sunny Spring days. Check out some of the lovely yellow florals from Witchery. Bright dresses in a riot of colours can be found in every store from Maiocchi to the lovely Naudic styles at L’adore & co.
2. BLUE – We can’t talk about colour without mentioning blue – light blue jeans, soft floaty blue off the shoulder tops, blue striped tees and who can go past a beautiful navy top teamed with white jeans or shorts for Spring. Every shade of blue is perfect this Spring!
3. Tassels – Tassels and Fringing are back in a big way! Embrace your inner Boho with tassels on shirts, adorning the hemlines of dresses or on sleeves. For a nod to the trend try a tassel necklace or handbag. Style icon Tina Arena has been spotted embracing this trend at her latest concerts here in Queensland, as has Olivia Palermo who stunned in a black tassel Dior jacket. Enough said!
4. Sparkles and Metallics – For bowerbirds like me sparkles and metallics are here to stay. Hooray! At the L’adore & co Spring Fashion Parade the models showcased beautifully embellished tops and dresses, as well as a range of glittery and sparkly clutch bags. Metallics in shoes, belts and even sneakers can brighten the most basic outfit. Wear as much or as little sparkle as you want.
5. Pants- It was great to see some new silhouettes in pants coming through. Models at the Spring Fashion Parade sported a variety of new styles in pants. Split hemmed pants, paper bag shorts, tailored shorts in lightweight fabrics, striped pants, modern harem pants and for athleisure – comfy drop crotch pants are all making their way into stores and our wardrobes this Spring.
6. Off the Shoulder and Cold Shoulder – These trends are here to stay this Spring and are easy for women of all ages to embrace. In lovely dresses and tops of every hue you will find a style to suit you and you can also rework your existing tops and dresses from last season. You can show as much or as little skin as you want when embracing these styles. For off the shoulder wear a strapless bra or wear it up on your shoulders. If you want more coverage and for a flattering modern silhouette embrace the cold shoulder. I’m loving seeing off the shoulder striped tops paired with a cropped pant and beautiful floral or lace cold shoulder dresses are always the epitome of elegance.
So embrace Spring, cull that wardrobe and see if any of these new trends deserve a place in your home and your heart. I can’t say I’ll be wearing drop crotch pants anytime soon, but red, blue, tassels and metallics will all be making an appearance in my wardrobe to celebrate our gorgeous Brisbane Spring weather. So tell me, what trends will you be embracing this season?